Windsurfing Swap Meet Rules and Conditions
*The event starts at 10am sharp, but come as early as 9am if you want to get a good look at the gear.
1. Don't be late! Aris will let you know when you can come in and start claiming items (please don't run over anyone). For large items such as a board, please take the tag from that item and bring it to the front register for checkout.
2. Used items purchased are non-refundable and non-returnable.
3. If the seller is NOT present, Mariner Sails staff and volunteers are not obligated in any way to help negotiate the price or contact the seller - please do not ask us to do this. In most cases, the seller's prices are final.
4. Mariner Sails is not liable for any used gear that fails due to technical issues, old age, or items unsuitable for your size and skill level, please have our volunteers help you to make an informed choice before committing to a buy.
To Check-in and Sell your Windsurfing Gear:
Gear Check-in Times Monday July 30th - August 3rd 9am to 6pm except Friday the
3rd, will be available until 7pm - no gear check-ins on Saturday March 24th
1. Please bring windsurfing gear or items related to windsurfing gear. This may include boards, sails, fins, masts, booms, mast extensions, U-joints, harnesses, harness lines, up-hauls, wetsuits, foot-wear, gloves, board or sail bags, etc. Eg, Kayaks and kayak accessories are not suitable for this event.
2. Bring the items to our warehouse area, our staff or volunteers will help you price the items (you will have the final word on price) and we will tag your items with the price. You will be given a claim ticket listing your items - you must keep this ticket to receive the proceeds from the items that sold.
3. You may negotiate with buyers if you are present at the event - please let our staff know about a price change and we can adjust the tag or claim ticket.
4. Customers will bring the tags to our register where our staff will process all transactions.
5. If/When your items sell you may claim the profits after the event
ends at 2pm - please bring your claim ticket to Aris. You will be given
two options for payout:
Cash/Check: We can write you a check minus a 20% commission for your sold items.
Store Credit: You can be given a store credit coupon for the full amount (no commission deduction) of your sales. This store credit can be spent at any time on any item in our store.
6. For Unsold Items: We are not responsible for items left unsold after the swap meet. Any items lost, damaged, or missing are NOT our responsibility by 2pm August 4th. If at all possible, please pickup these items immediately after the event. After 30 days Mariner Sails legally owns the items. We reserve the right to resell abandoned items, or even throw the items out with no advanced notice. (Sorry, we are limited on storage.)
7. Please claim your credit or proceeds as soon as possible for sold items. It is difficult to track down profits from a swap meet a season, year, or two years in the past.
We also welcome you all and eagerly look forward to your participation at
this extremely fun event!