Aquabound Challenge 85 Stand-Up Paddle
The Challenge 85 has a lightweight, all-carbon shaft with a 10° bend to provide low swing weight and a slight shaft flex for very comfortable performance.
Its epX engineered polymer blade has enhanced stiffness and strength thanks to its carbon-fiber reinforcement. The blade has an aggressive dihedral down its spine for a smooth, forgiving forward stroke. And the Challenge’s eye-popping Polynesian graphics speak to the origin of paddleboarding – an offshoot of the 1960’s surfing culture of Hawaii. The Challenge’s overall black color makes it an ideal color match for virtually every SUP board.
At just 21 oz., the Challenge 85 stand-up paddle – with its all-carbon shaft, grip, and ferrule, and its carbon-reinforced epX engineered polymer blade – is ideal for SUP touring. It’s easy on your joints and muscles whatever your adventure.
The Challenge 85 is available in lengths of 64-74 inches, 70-80 inches and 76-86 inches.
Like all Aqua-Bound paddles, the Challenge 85 is hand-built in Osceola, Wisconsin, USA.
- Ideal for SUP touring, an aggressive dihedral down the spine delivers a smooth, powerful forward stroke
- A lightweight, all-carbon shaft with a 10° bend provides a low swing weight and a slight shaft flex for very comfortable performance
- The 85 sq. in. blade has enhanced stiffness and strength thanks to its carbon-fiber reinforcement
- Weighing 21 oz., the Challenge is easy on your joints and muscles
- A contoured palm grip made entirely out of carbon is comfortable in your hands
- The 100% carbon ferrule is light, strong and corrosion resistant
- Size: 7.5 x 14.5 in.
- Size: 85 sq. in.
- Blade Materials: epX Engineered Polymer, Carbon Reinforced
- Shaft Material: 100% Carbon with 10° bend
- Blade Material: epX Engineered Polymer, Carbon Reinforced
- Blade Size: 7.5 x 14.5 in. (19 x 37 cm)
- Blade Surface Area: 85 sq. in. (548 sq. cm)
- Weight: 21 oz. (595 g)
- Grip: Contoured Palm Grip
Visit Mariner Sails retail store
Mariner Sails, Inc., 11110 N. Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75229, 972-241-1498
Come down to our retail store to experience the largest collection of Kayaks - be amazed by the vast options in accessories or come have a chat with our staff members - experienced sailors, kayak anglers, windsurfers - with over 100 years of combined "on-the-water" experience.
9am - 5pm Monday- Friday (Temporary Hours)
10am - 4pm Saturday (Loft Closed on Saturday)
Learn more about our store