BP6030 - Titan & Slayer Max- Steering Upgrade Kit - New Version
Turn your Native Titan into a a new kayak with the this steering upgrade. This conversion can be done in 30 minutes and allows the rudder to really bite into the water.
This kit contains two new drums that attach to your existing steering that removes the previous wheel and grub screw attachments plus a new way to tension your cables and stop the hassle with the existing cord falling off. We designed this with a rear attachment point at the back and a new drum so the cords always travel the same distance as you turn each way. By having the cord wrapped around the front drum you can get the full movement of the rudder and not be restricted by the front attachment point.
We produce this kit with two discs so it gives you an even feel the whole way through the steering (think of a rope running around two wheels the cord travels the same distance both ways). We have a new cover plate with 4 brass inserts which allow the cord to be looped over and tightened easily. This lets you take all the play out of the handle so you don’t have to make continuous adjustments while the rudder moves in the chop or current.
This kit comes with the following:
- Handle drum with top and bottom routing to let the cord pass over itself
- Core treated and polyester jacket for high strength and minimal strength spectra cord. 295kg/650lb breaking strength
- Tension cover with twin cord locking inserts so you can lock the cord down and be sure it won’t pull out
- Tappered rudder control disc with rear attachment point
- Stainless Steel Fasteners
- Pull through braid
This kit fits the following kayaks.
- Native Watercraft Titan 10.5
- Native Watercraft Titan 12
- Native Watercraft Titan 13
- Native Watercraft Slayer Max 12.5
Visit Mariner Sails retail store
Mariner Sails, Inc., 11110 N. Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75229, 972-241-1498
Come down to our retail store to experience the largest collection of Kayaks - be amazed by the vast options in accessories or come have a chat with our staff members - experienced sailors, kayak anglers, windsurfers - with over 100 years of combined "on-the-water" experience.
9am - 5pm Monday- Friday (Temporary Hours)
10am - 4pm Saturday (Loft Closed on Saturday)
Learn more about our store