The new NK-180S brushless kayak motor offers excellent performance and power to any kayak angler looking to increase their range and catch more fish on fresh or salt water. This brushless kayak motor offers excellent efficiency and extremely low noise with a direct drive design that allows you to sneak up on fish. It can be used with two affordable 12V lead acid deep cycle batteries, and lighter-weight 12V lithium batteries. Two operating modes, 24V and 25.9V, allow the motor to be powered with 2x 12V GEL, Lead Acid, or lithium deep cycle batteries. This motor will greatly increase the effective range of any paddler on a given day, it will bolt directly to a 4 bolt PowerPole style stern mount, or can be installed into the deck of a kayak (see fitment guide here). The mount pivots freely to pass over underwater obstacles, but the durable aluminum motor head is ready for the ones you don't see. Steering cables can be setup to turn the motor like a rudder using your kayaks OEM mounted foot braces, or a pin can lock the motor in a forward drive position for use on SUPs and inflatable kayaks. Reverse is enabled with a pull cord which locks the motor in a deployed position, keeping the propeller from lifting out of the water while you back your way out of trouble. Regardless of your level of experience, the NK-180 offers an efficient, powerful motor in a durable package.
- 1.8hp Equivalent Motor Unit
- Four Bolt Aluminum Mount
- Digital Speed Controller w/ Display
- Steering Triangle
- Height Adjustment Clamp
- Reverse Cable Handle
- Motor Lift Cable Handle
- Emergency Stop Key
- Motor Lift Arm
- 2x Carabiner
- 2x S Biner
- Nylon Cord Kit
- Braided Stainless Steering Cable Kit (may not be compatible w/ every brand of kayak)
- Installation Kit (hardware included, additional hardware may be necessary depending on your exact make/model of kayak)
- BATTERY(S) NOT INCLUDED
- Equivalent to a 1.8hp
- Designed for fishing kayaks (see fitment guide here)
- Four bolt aluminum mount (direct attachment to PowerPole mount)
- Features trim adjustment
- Integrated rudder steering
- Stow/deploy motor with pull of a cord
- Three Steering Cable Setup Options
- No Steering - Motor used for forward and reverse only
- Cable routing goes through stern of kayak
- Cable routing goes above the deck of the kayak
- Compatible with 24V Deep Cycle Batteries or 25.9V LiFePo4 battery
- Input Voltage: 24V
- Shaft Length: 19.7"
- Battery Type: Lithium or Lead-Acid
- Total Weight: 14.3lbs
- Thrust: 60lbs
- Motor Housing Length: 8.75"
- HP Equivalent: 1.8HP
- Motor Housing Width: 3"
- Inside Length: 86"
- Max Amp Draw: 25A
- Propeller Diameter: 5.9"
- Max. Propeller Speed: 1800rpm
- Mount Bracket Dims: 14" L x 6" W
- Max Test Speed: 5.7mph
- Min. Mount Dims: 5.5" L x 4.5" W
- Shaft Diameter: 1.15"
- Battery Cables: 7
Trolling Motor Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new electric trolling motor (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- If your product arrives in a badly damaged box, please notify Newport Vessels immediately. If the box has been opened during shipment, simply refuse delivery of the product and it will be delivered back to our warehouse so we can ship you a replacement.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
- Trolling motors purchased from unauthorized retailers are not covered by this warranty such as 3rd party Amazon resellers, eBay resellers, or other liquidator.
- Trolling motors purchased as "Refurbished" or "Renewed" or "Used", are not subject to this warranty.
Visit Mariner Sails retail store
Mariner Sails, Inc., 11110 N. Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75229, 972-241-1498
Come down to our retail store to experience the largest collection of Kayaks - be amazed by the vast options in accessories or come have a chat with our staff members - experienced sailors, kayak anglers, windsurfers - with over 100 years of combined "on-the-water" experience.
9am - 5pm Monday- Friday (Temporary Hours)
10am - 4pm Saturday (Loft Closed on Saturday)
Learn more about our store