Mariner Sails is your source for quality fishing kayaks by some of the industry's top brands including Old Town, Hobie, Native Watercraft, Nucanoe, and Wilderness Systems. We have the latest models in stock and ready for pick up.
There are many options when it comes to choosing a fishing kayak. We encourage you to explore these options to make the right decision for you. Here are some of the kayak options available.
- More efficient to paddle, but are more confining.
- Works well for longer distances.
- Generally you stay drier than in Sit on top kayak, a factor in colder water. However, water that gets inside does not drain.
Sit on top
- Water drains out; self-bailing.
- Many designed for standing while fishing
- More ability to store cargo and sit inside
- Better designed for fishing accessories, rod holders, etc. Easy to add accessories and customize.
Paddle or Pedal.
- Paddling is a simpler system and provides you with more exercise.
- Paddle kayaks are generally lighter and less expensive.
- Pedal kayaks are faster because you're using larger muscle groups. You power with your feet so your hands are free for fishing.
- You can stand in most pedal kayaks.
- Pedal kayaks have forward and reverse, which can be useful for fighting fish.
- Pedal kayaks are generally less maneuverable and heavier than other kayaks.
- Pedal kayaks are less efficient in very shallow water. You may risk damaging the pedal drive.
Stability vs. Speed
- V-shaped kayaks will tip top more easily.
- Wide kayaks have greater stability but are generally slower.
- Longer kayaks cut through the water more easily.
- Many wider kayaks let you stand to fish.
- Shorter, wider kayaks are more maneuverable and more stable.
- More accessories add more weight.
- How far will you need to carry your kayak to reach the water?
- Will you need a kayak kart for transportation?
Not sure which one is right for you? Our experienced experts can help you select the fishing kayak that meets your exact needs.
You can also shop for kayak accessories, fishing kayak accessories, including rod holders, kayak lights, and kayak anchors to complete your fishing experience.
Wilderness Systems 2023 Targa 100
Hobie 2022 Mirage Pro Angler 12 360
NuCanoe (Demo) 2022 Frontier 12 With 360 Fusion Seat Gulf Coast
NuCanoe 2022 Pursuit 13.5 With Fusion Seat
Wilderness Systems 2023 Pungo 120
Wilderness Systems (Demo) 2022 Recon 120 HD Mesa Camo
NuCanoe (Demo) 2022 Pursuit 13.5 With Fusion Seat Gulf Coast
Visit Mariner Sails retail store
Mariner Sails, Inc., 11110 N. Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75229, 972-241-1498
Come down to our retail store to experience the largest collection of Kayaks - be amazed by the vast options in accessories or come have a chat with our staff members - experienced sailors, kayak anglers, windsurfers - with over 100 years of combined "on-the-water" experience.
9am - 5pm Monday- Friday (Temporary Hours)
10am - 4pm Saturday (Loft Closed on Saturday)
Learn more about our store